Merchandise Buyer (Chinese Speaking)
As a Merchandiser, you are responsible for managing the buying of compelling assortments for our customers at Weee!. It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop suites of products – determining competitive pricing and analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future and which assortments to transition if they are past their prime – ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and Weee!. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers get high quality products and live better.
- Owns sales and gross profit margin
- Develops and implements strategic direction for multiple categories
- Drives sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in multiple categories
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for junior buyers
- Supports cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans
- 3+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
- Industry background required
- In addition, must have experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Have experience managing and creating new categories of business in extremely competitive environment
- Have experience managing margin to meet category objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bilingual (English and Chinese)
Health and dental insurance, stock options, free lunch and more.